Thursday, September 21, 2006

On The Scene / Nightmare at 20,000 feet




This is from the first episode ever of the Twilight Zone, note The Shatner to the right. I first saw this when I was 11 or...12?

On alternating Holidays the So Cal local FOX network (brand spankin' new back then) would broadcast marathons of either I Love Lucy or --wait for it--- THE TWILIGHT ZONE!!!!! I used to know all the episodes but this is the one that is classic 'B' TV that requires reverence. Genuflect.

Synopsis:
The Dude (The Shatner) gets on a plane, plane enters T-storm, The Dude thinks he sees something out on the wing....




"AHHHH! AHHHHH! Don't LOOK! If only you could run away!"









I loved it, loooved it. Sci Fi freakn' ROCKS!


Then I saw this from my 19A seat on the way from Denver to Baltimore: G'head click it.


Then wait through the commercial...look I swear it's worth the troub--


So anyway
All of a sudden I'm the great Shatner.

"Is anyone else seeing this? "
"No."
"Am I sure that's what I see?"
"No."
"Are the pilots really not going to say anything about this?"
"Isn't it heading straight for the airport?"
"Am I ...Crazy?"
"-"

Then It's gone and I am alone. Wondering, pondering.
.

.

.


Don't worry, I still drooled on the lady next to me that flight.



Cliffords Rock

1 Comments:

Blogger k8 said...

are you effing kidding me that you saw that out the window?????

that is really pretty awesome to watch if it's not coming towards you.

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home