Tuesday, May 30, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STERLING!!!!!

Happy birthday brother. You have the dubious honor of receiving my first electronically generated birthday card*. Hope you like it...



Key:

1) You

2) A CD symbolizing all the music you have given us. Thanks brother.

3) A rostrum with a politician, cus you work with those peeps.

4) Maryland. That is supposed to be a star, but it kinda looks like a spider eating Baltimore.

5) A Spatula, cus cooking.

6) Supposed to be grey hairs, but you can't really see them.

7) Snazzy suit.

8) News paper boy. You did that for 4 years right?

9) I didn't know how to draw a symbol for hard work, so I thought what are some hard jobs? A farmer and a blacksmith, that's hard work. A farmer works hard all day, and a blacksmith must be precise, he can't cut corners. So I chose to draw a sickle and a hammer because whatever you are doing, you do it well and you always work hard. The red background is dualistic in purpose - I think red is a good symbol for boldness and loyalty. Plus you have a red personality.

Someone told me that the sickle and hammer is on the flag of some country back east, but I'm pretty sure I thought of it first.

10) That's Megan, your wife. She's great.

11) The background is Utah. It is the background because you were born and raised there, and no matter where you go or what you do, Utah is the background of your life.

Happy birthday Sterling.

*As with all of my cards this is not supposed to represent all of the feelings or memories that siblings associate with the recipient. It is a sampling that is restricted by artistic capabilities.

3 Comments:

Blogger k8 said...

well i guess christopher is probably your favorite now.

happy happy birthday!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

i'd better get one of these suckers for my berfdee.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Ems said...

oh man, I've been waiting all day for this! christopher's artistictic interpretation birthday cards are the best.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STERLING!

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home