Monday, May 08, 2006

money changes everything

Today in his flutter of activity preparing to go out of town, Rich had me run to the bank to deposit a couple checks we've recently received from Sony. On my way to the car I checked out the deposit slips and noticed the total amount from those 2 checks is roughly what I'd make in 3 years at my current salary. As I started driving, I realized that much money in one lump sum would take care of my debt -school and otherwise- allow me to pay off the rest of the money I have on my car loan, attack full time the cost of the few semesters I have left in school, comfortably take care of books and other additional school expenses (study abroad perhaps?) and still leave me with a nice bit to live on with a part time job while focusing on graduating college. And I think even there would be room in the amount for a nice long trip to Europe or South America or a few scattered vacations in the States.

But as is, for the next three years I will slowly make baby steps toward financial order as well as slowly knock out classes while working full time here at Origin. And that's fine, I quite enjoy my life and have so many blessings and opportunities and fun for which I am so very thankful.

However, I must admit it was a bizarre feeling to hold in my hand an amount of money that is very standard for Origin Studios to receive and to think how much it could alter my little life right now. As well as how different it is in one sum versus strung out over the next few years.


Weird...

1 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

your life isn't little.

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home